Please note that you are using a very low screen resolution, which may compromise your ability to use this website. The minimum screen resolution this website is designed for is 800x600. A resolution of at least 1024x768 is recommended for optimal viewing.
Maurice Weinbren Award in Radiology
Amended by Senate and by the College
- The Maurice Weinbren Award consists of a medal and a certificate.
- The award is made annually (in respect of a calendar year) by the Senate of The Colleges of Medicine of South Africa (CMSA) for a paper of sufficient merit, dealing with either Radiodiagnosis, Radiotherapy, Nuclear Medicine or Diagnostic Ultrasound.
- The paper must have appeared in any recognised medical journal published in South Africa or elsewhere, during the calendar year specified in the advertisement inviting applications.
- The applicant must submit three reprints to:
The Colleges of Medicine of South Africa(CMSA)5 Claribel Road
Telephone: +27 31 261 8213 or +27 31 261 8518
Fax: +27 31 261 3784
Email Addresses: email@example.com
- Where the paper has had more than one author, the application for the award must be accompanied by a letter from the co-authors indicating the extent to which the applicant was involved in the work on which the paper is based.
- The Selection Committee consists of three members of the College of Radiologists of the CMSA, appointed by the Chairperson.
- The Selection Committee has the discretion to decide whether any person shall be recommended for the award on more than one occasion.
- Any persons registered as a diagnostic radiologist with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (full or limited registration) for a period not exceeding 5 years OR registrars in training in radiology in an approved training post in South Africa (including approved supernumerary post) are eligible for the award.
- Members of the Selection Committee of the College of Radiologists are not eligible.
- If in any year, the Selection Committee does not consider any of the papers submitted to be of sufficient merit, no award will be made.
- The decision of the Selection Committee in connection with the making of the award is ratified by the Senate of the CMSA.
- The closing date for applications is 15 January of the following year, to give applicants sufficient time to submit articles which were published late in the year for which the award is made.
- The medal is presented by the Chairperson of the College of Radiologists of the CMSA at a meeting of the Radiological Society or similar radiological workshops or congresses, to ensure that the presentation is made under the auspices of the CMSA.
of Radiologists on a number of occasions
but most recently in October 2009 to
expand the eligibility clause.
Images attached to the Maurice Weinbren Award in Radiology
Documents attached to the Maurice Weinbren Award in Radiology